Nova Contracts Lead Contractors Association Membership
Nova Contracts Lead Contractors Association Membership. Nova Contracts are pleased to announce we are now members of the Lead Contractors Association. Nova Contracts are committed to continuing to improve our working standards through training and affiliation to bodies and organisations within the lead industry. The Lead Contractors Association was formed in 1984 to promote and protect quality standards in working with lead sheet. The LCA consists of 72 specialist installer members and 10 associate members, all members are vetted and their work graded on a regular basis. LCA members can provide a 25 year guarantee of their work.
LCA Members’ 25 Year Guarantee Scheme
With the launch of their Guarantee Scheme on 1st August 1999, LCA Members made a public, long term commitment to their clients on quality standards. Under the scheme, on completion of two years membership an LCA member is required to offer a twenty five year guarantee of workmanship and material for leadwork projects over a value of £2,500. A Guarantee that means what it says – 25 years peace of mind for the client, GUARANTEED!
So why is the LCA Members’ 25 Year Guarantee Scheme different?
Unlike other so called ‘long term’ guarantees, the LCA Members’ 25 Year Guarantee Scheme states that in the event of a claim within the guarantee period, if the original installer is unable or unwilling to return to site, another LCA member will be designated by the Trustees to attend site in response to the claim”.
– The LCA was formed in 1984 to prioritise quality standards in leadwork.
– The LCA now comprises over 70 specialist contractors committed to providing quality craftsmanship for their clients, supported by 10 associate members supplying materials and ancillary services.
– Members may be sole traders, partnerships or an incorporated body and utilise an employed workforce or teams of subcontractors.
– Regardless of structure, members are required to take full responsibility for the purchase and application of the lead sheet under their control.
– All members are required to work to the current Code of Practice (BS6915) and the recommendations of the Lead Sheet Association.
– An annual vetting programme provides rigorous quality control of members’ standards, through compulsory on-site inspection of workmanship and design.
– Every member is graded according to the quality and complexity of work inspected.
– Anyone failing to meet the standards set is required to withdraw from membership.
– Grades are published annually in the Directory of Specialist Leadwork Contractors and on this website.
– Every member guarantees their work for 25 years, the guarantee being administered by the LCA and insurance supported through Lloyd’s of London, on jobs over £2,500.
– The LCA is controlled by an elected Council of Member’s representatives and administered by an appointed Secretary, from an office base in West Sussex.